LOCATION: Detroit, MI
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direct supervision provides flow of raw and/or finished goods, materials and supplies in accordance with applicable customer and organization procedures. Sorts, cleans, reclaims, reworks, labels, disposes, transports, assembles and packages production material. Operate a variety of machines, equipment and tools to satisfy customer requirements and time frame.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months experience in a light industrial environment. One (1) year fort lift operation experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES: 1. Ability to follow multiple instructions; verbal or written. 2. Ability to use visual or other type of job aids. 3. Ability to acquire Hi-Lo- license with in 90 days of hire. 4. Ability to safely operate all location material handling and production equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Lifting, bending, squatting and standing. Must be able to lift more than 25 pounds.
MENTAL DEMANDS: Must be able to deal effectively with multiple assignments and time restraints. Must maintain positive attitude.
MACHINES/EQUIPMENT: Industrial lift trucks, handjacks and weigh scales, manual and hydraulic machines, hand and power tools.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Light industrial environment.
OTHER: Alternate work location. Must be able to adapt to seasonal weather conditions and work in inclement weather.
1. Supplies, transport and removes material to fill production requirements.
2. Responds immediately to request from supervisor and/or crew leader to transport material to designated areas using appropriate equipment.
3. Locates and identifies stock/material as needed.
4. Sorts, reclaims, inspects, reworks, cleans, labels, transports, disposes, assembles and packages production material per customer specification and requirements.
5. Stages materials in designated areas as required
6. Conducts counts and records results.
7. Maintain tools and equipment in good working order. Reports problems with equipment to supervisor.
8. Maintains housekeeping in assigned work area (s).
9. Wear all applicable company provided safety equipment.
10. Conforms to all applicable customer and organization quality requirements
11. Conform to all applicable customer and organization safety procedures.
12. Reports any unsafe or suspected unsafe condition to supervisor and area leader.
13. Conforms to all applicable organization policies and procedures.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.