Work Location: 3111 Grand River Ave., Detroit, MI 48208 Full-Time/Hourly
Position Summary: Provide on the job certification preparation for Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit Automotive Department employees and individual preparation for Transitional Work Experience persons. Also responsible for periodic evaluation of performance for the aforementioned based on quality and production, as well as reassessment of certification in the event of performance concerns. Assist Launch and Plant Manager with efficient department operations. Assisting at all project locations as
required. Emphasis on compliance to established customer and organizational policies and procedures.
Education: End of second year student working towards a 4 year degree in Industrial
Engineering, Manufacturing Systems or Mechanical Engineering.
Experience: Up to 1 year of related experience preferred
- Ability to read and write procedures and instructions.
- Ability to analyze and compile data.
- Ability to inspect the activities and output of other employees.
- Ability to work with individuals who have disabilities or other work barriers.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations including process flow, inventory concepts, lean manufacturing, productivity, quality and scheduling.
- Ability to converse with employees, customers and vendors for the organization’s benefit.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Adhere to and promote the organization’s safety policies, procedures and practices
- Design and execute processes used in preparing automotive employees and transitional labor for adherence to quality requirements. Schedule all training certification sessions through the lab.
- Analyze and certify that production workers are capable of meeting all requirements including quality standards, production rates and process improvements within cells.
- Assist with the design and/or set-up of workstations for production operations utilizing lean principles; capable of performing first piece inspection as required.
- Work with management staff on various projects as needed.
- Support quality control efforts for all departmental operations. Assist quality control in root cause analysis, 8D and CAR responses, and interfacing with the customer as required.
- Assist in the implementation of TS16949, and updating forms & processes as required. Assist with writing new instructions as needed.
- Drive safe conditions and good housekeeping (5S). Help to maintain production equipment, light PM as required and confirm that equipment used in the manufacturing process is repaired as necessary.
- Perform operation time studies, process reviews, rearranges, tolerance stack-up reviews, feasibility reviews, drawing reviews for accuracy, and fixture design reviews taking into account lean manufacturing principles, as required.
- Review machinery and equipment for proper function, noting wear items. Replace or start maintenance work order to initiate repairs.
- Performs other job duties as required