Location: Detroit, MI
Position Summary: Develops, implements, and manages the quality assurance system and quality personnel of the organization. Coordinates all activities necessary to achieve and maintain required certifications of Tier 1 automotive suppliers. Manages the internal auditing and corrective action systems and advanced quality planning activities. Personnel will be aware of tasks, which can cause significant environmental impacts and will be competent based on appropriate education, training and/or experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Engineering, Production and Operations Management or other related discipline. Demonstrated paid work experience with verifiable positive results may be considered in place of education requirement.
Experience: Six to nine years of experience in quality management in a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing environment. Experience in automotive background and prior management experience required.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to make decisions concerning strategic plans, budgets, equipment, as well as day to day operational needs of the quality department.
- Attention to detail along with the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Automotive management experience utilizing QOS, and familiarity with international quality assurance standards including ISO-14001 and TS-16949.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals & company quality records.
- Plans and oversees the analysis, inspection, design, test and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned products or components.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Ensures TS16949 conformance plant wide; acts as management representative for TS16949 activities.
- Provides management with concise, accurate, up to date quality forecasts, indicators and status.
- Develops standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation. Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Investigates and addresses customer complaints regarding quality issues.
- Maintains compliance with company policies, work rules, health & safety rules and standards, and housekeeping standards.
- Follow ISO 14001 and TS 16949 requirements per standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned.